FUSF Is a Place Where Children, Teens, and Adults can Worship, Explore, and Grow in the Spirit of Love and Mystery
Our religious education program is a cornerstone of our faith tradition and a vibrant part of our congregational life. Dedicated volunteers from our congregation lead classes, youth groups, and clubs. Great care is given toward the safety and supervision of our children.
Click here for easy, online registration for RE.
Click here to view or print out the Religious Education schedule for the 2016-17 year.
Click here to view or print who the teachers are this year along with their schedules.
Click here to access forms frequently used in RE–the Registration Form and Field Trip Permission.
For our 2016-17 RE school year, Sunday morning classes begin September 18th. the teachers for Fall/Spring are: Sue Savoy (F), Stephen Dennis (F), Donna Morin (S), Kate Day (F/S), Ursula Roxin-Dixon (F/S). Julie Weismoore and (TBD), Shannon Nisbett (F/S), Courtenay Schwartz (F/S), Cheryl Magadieu (F), Lori-Ann Zajac (S), Doug Randall, Suzanne Reynolds-Alpert, Bill Callahan, Maura O’Brien, Cheryl Magadieu, Monica Mathis.
As Unitarian Universalists, we look to many sources in our search for truth and meaning:
- Judeo-Christian teachings of love and forgiveness
- Wisdom of the world’s religions
- Writers of great words, and Doers of great deeds
- Our sense of wonder
- Science, reason, and the cycles of nature
- Earth-based spiritual traditions
The child-friendly version of the seven UU Principles:
- Each person is important and valuable
- Be kind and fair in all you do
- We grow our spirits together and respect each other’s beliefs
- Each person should be free to search for what is true and right in life
- Every person should have a voice, in church and in the wider world
- We must work for a fair, just and peaceful world
- Honor and protect our home, the Earth, for we are all connected
Here are links to some of the fun things that have happened in RE:
- Family-friendly Halloween Party–click here for photos
The RE Team members are Ursula Roxin-Dixon (Chair), Kat Kassay, Julie Weismore, Kiwi Stalley, Claire Malette, Cathy Furtado.
RE is taught by volunteers from the congregation. See the current year’s teaching schedule for who is teaching when.
Our Director of Religious Education is Aoife Barrington-Haber. Here is her latest blog.
Questions? Comments? Interested in volunteering? Contact Aoife at email@example.com.