RE Teachers and Assistants Needed for Fall 2015
If you are considering how to use your unique talents and skills in a way that adds to the lifeblood of our congregation, there is still a great need in our RE program for teachers and assistants.
I will be highlighting different classes that still have slots open. First, Spirit Play!
We offer Spirit Play for our 3-5 year olds (Prek-Kindergarten).
What teachers love about this Montessori-based curriculum:
– The classroom is well-ordered so children learn to do for themselves.
– Teachers can take turns being Storyteller (lead) or Doorkeeper (assistant), with clear tasks for each.
– Each week features a story from a basket with touchable objects (One child referred to them as “Magic Stories that are Awesome!”)
– The environment is calm and peaceful. The classroom is a worship space for children, with it’s own rituals and prayers.
– A set routine makes for smooth teaching and easy transitions.
– Preparation is simple.
– Full training is provided.
You might enjoy teaching Spirit Play if:
– Your children are older and you’d like to reconnect with the little ones.
– You enjoy telling stories.
– You have experience in early childhood education, especially Montessori (but not required!)
– You’d like to help children have a warm and welcoming first experience in RE.
– You love to watch children grow before your eyes.
– You’d like to learn more about UUism for yourself!
I would love to hear from anyone interested. Please contact me ASAP.