The FUSF Transition Team is the group that works closely with Interim Minister Jenny Rankin to help the congregation accomplish the 5 interim goals (see below). These goals are recommended by the UUA and the Interim Ministry Network as being important “developmental tasks” as a congregation says goodbye to one minister and gets ready to welcome the next:
- claiming and honoring its past and engaging and honoring its griefs and conflicts
- recognizing its unique identity and its strengths, needs, and challenges
- clarifying the appropriate leadership roles of minister(s), church staff, and lay leaders and navigating the shifts in leadership that may accompany times of transition
- making appropriate use of regional, UUA, and other outside resources
- proudly coming into possession of a renewed vision and strong stewardship, prepared for new growth and new professional leadership, ready to embrace the future with anticipation and zest.
Among our first tasks were beginning a series of small group Listening Circles to gather thoughts and opinions from everyone in the congregation regarding our current strengths, and potential areas for change. This is an essential first step as together we prepare to call our settled Minister. We have held several well attended Circles so far. Several more are scheduled. The safe environment created by Reverend Jenny and the Transition Team has led to a lot of honest and thoughtful sharing. Everyone’s opinion matters, we would like to know yours. Please consider the following:
– Adlai Stevenson
This is an exciting time in the history of our congregation. We all have the opportunity to help craft our next chapter. Thank you to those who have already attended a Listening Circle. For those seeking to do so, we encourage you to sign up on the FUSF website or on the designated sheets on the back table in the Sanctuary. We want to hear from you!
Please also feel free to speak with any member of your Transition Team: