Fundraising and Giving to these Causes
The following is a list of social action groups and programs that we regularly support through fundraising, special collections, food donations or volunteer work:
- The Partner Church program is an exchange program with the Unitarian Church in Adamos, Transylvania. David Kassay chairs this program. To learn more, go here.
- Franklin’s Interfaith Council is chaired by Sue Bencuya. Franklin’s Interfaith Council meets regularly and the’ community’s churches get together to donate money, goods and time to worthwhile causes. This Thanksgiving, they have an Interfaith service scheduled for Sunday, Nov. 23, 2014.
- Franklin’s Food Pantry is chaired by Sue Bencuya. Our FUSF congregation supports the local food pantry with items for food weekly. In addition, one Monthly Plate Giveaway is usually dedicated to Franklin’s Food Pantry. We also take part in filling their cupboards around the holidays and supply needy residents with food for a festive holiday meal.
- UU Service Committee’s Guest at Your Table program, is run annually by the Religious Education program. FUSF congregants take home a box on Thanksgiving and every time they sit down for a family meal with guests such as Thanksgiving, or during the holidays, they ask their guests to contribute to the box. The boxes are collected after New Year’s Day. The children in the RE program decide which charity should get the proceeds.
- Milford Community Supper. Four times a year, FUSF volunteers and our senior youth serve a Sunday dinner to those who need help in feeding their families in Milford and the surrounding area. This group is chaired by Lea MacNider.