Welcome to First Universalist Society in Franklin (FUSF)
“Together on Our Journeys”
What To Expect When You Visit Us:
- A spiritual community of diverse people. We are a Welcoming Congregation, which means that we promote inclusivity and are open to all regardless of race, nation of origin, age, disability, sexual identity, gender identity, or religious background and beliefs. Our values adhere to the Unitarian Universalist (UU) Seven Principles.
- Thought-provoking and heart-felt worship services. Regular Sunday worship services are filled with uplifting music, shared affirmations, and sermons that make you stop, think, and reflect.
- Religious Education (RE) classes for all ages. Classes focus variously on world religions, social justice, and Unitarian Universalist Principles. Infants and toddlers are cared for in our “tender loving care” nursery.
- Many members put their faith into action, supporting important social and environmental causes. As a congregation, we support diverse causes and nonprofits both globally and locally. We have a monthly plate giveaway that supports local organizations and are part of Franklin’s Interfaith Council.
- Our congregation is overflowing with talented musicians, and music plays an important part in our services.
- Our Meetinghouse is handicapped accessible, with large-print hymnals and songbooks, and we are smoke-free facility. If you need support or assistance in any way, let our staff know.
More About Who We Are
The links below provide more information on who we are–how we are guided by and members of the Unitarian Universalist Association, and how we live our principles through partnering with other congregations.
A Visual History of FUSF
UU Principles and Beliefs
Our Partner Church
Leap of Faith